HOW TO USE TSU-CAT ONLINE
1. To apply, click Application Form.
2. Carefully read the Data Privacy Consent and then click Continue.
3. Fill out the Application Form with all the necessary information.
a) Upload your photo with white background (Passport size).
b) Upload your Form 138 (Grade 12 Report Card) with at least 1st Semester GWA (Front Page).
c) Select your course and major (if applicable).
d) Then fill out the necessary information. Personal Information, Family Background, Educational Background and Other relevant Information. (It is important to use your current, valid and active E-mail address).
e) Then click Submit application after filling out the necessary information. Strictly review all of your entered information before submitting it to Pre-Application.
4. You will receive a notification that you have successfully completed the pre-application for TSU-CAT. Once your application for TSU-CAT is approved, your test permit will be sent to your E-mail address after at least 3-4 working days.
ü Only correctly and completely filled out forms will be accepted for processing.
ü Do not create multiple accounts as these will cause delay in the processing of your application.
ü Information cannot be edited once the pre-application is submitted.
Online Application Procedures:
1. Go to https://cat.tsu.edu.ph
2. Do not create multiple accounts as these will cause much delay in the processing of your application.
3.You are required to read the TSU Data Privacy Consent for TSU-CAT Applicants before filling-out the form.
4. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Online Application Documentary Requirements:
1. Scanned Form 138 (Grade 12 Report Card) with at least 1st semester GWA.
2. Scanned passport-size photo with name tag. (DELA CRUZ, JUANA CRUZ) with white background.
Pictures such as selfies and wearing sandos/ sleeveless and caps are not valid.
3. Accomplished TSU-CAT Online Application Form.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM:
You are qualified to take the TSU-CAT, if;
1. You completed/are completing senior high school program.
2. You are a high school graduate on or before March 2015.
3. You are ALS certified eligible for admission to college.
1. You must not have taken any college subject/s previously;
2. You must not be taking any college subject/s at present; and
3. Students enrolled in vocational courses or those not leading to a degree Program can apply for the TSU-CAT.
You are qualified if:
· You completed/are completing senior high school program.
· You are a high school graduate on or before March 2015.
· You are ALS certified eligible for admission to College
· You have not taken any college subject/s previously.
· You are not taking any college subject/s at present.
· You are enrolled in vocational courses or those not leading to a Degree Program.
2. Where can we apply for TSU-CAT?
· Application for TSU-CAT is done ONLINE. Please visit the website at https://cat.tsu.edu.ph
3. What do we need in applying for TSU-CAT?
· Scanned copy of Form 138 (Report Card) with at least 1st semester GWA
· Scanned passport size photo with name tag (DELA CRUZ, JUANA CRUZ)
· For non-SHS graduate and SHS Graduate in the previous school years bring and present your Original Copy of Form 138 (Report Card) during your test schedule.
4. Where can we see our testing schedule?
· Your Test Permit, where your testing schedule is indicated, will automatically be sent to your registered E-mail address after at least 3-4 working days.
· You may also check your Test Permit at https://cat.tsu.edu.ph/getsched after at least 3-4 working days
5. What to bring during the TSU-CAT?
· 2 pcs. Pencil
· Test Permit
· Identification Card
· For non-SHS graduate and SHS Graduate in the previous school years, please do not forget to bring and present your Original Copy of Form 138 (Report Card) during your test schedule.
6. Where is the Testing Venue located?
· The Testing Venue is located at 3rd floor Student Center, Lucinda Extension Campus.
· Shuttles/ School Service/ Public Transportation are located at the Citywalk Mall Parking Area in San Roque, Tarlac City and in front of the Citymall (Phoenix Gasoline Station) in San Rafael, Tarlac City
Envisioning to become a premier University in the Asia Pacific Region, the Tarlac State University offers a vast range of degree programs. With four campuses – the Main Campus, the Lucinda Extension Campus, the San Isidro Extension Campus, and the Capas Extension Campus, it caters the needs of the growing number of students. In order to maintain high standards in the field of higher education, the TSU conducts the TSU-College Admission Test (TSU-CAT) to help the administrators in screening and selecting prospective university students.
The TSU-CAT uses a standardized psychological test which is designed to measure verbal, and non-verbal reasoning skills that are most closely linked to academic performance and achievement. It is also intended to test critical thinking, reasoning skills, memory, speed of thought, and ability to see relationships and patterns. Likewise, it is primarily anchored on learning theories and principles stating that in order for students to learn new things, they must be able to perceive accurately, to recognize and recall what has been perceived, to think logically, to understand relationships, to abstract from a set of particulars, and to apply generalizations to new and different contexts.
Furthermore, to contribute in fulfilling the vision and mission of the University, the Testing, Evaluation, and Monitoring Unit (TEMU) provides high quality of services through the different programs and psychological testing and evaluation activities to the clients.